Corsair Community

P5N-E SLI BSOD and memory location errors!

xgtr007x

I have two brand new Twin2X1024 matched pair memory sticks. I get BSOD randomly and while installing some programs I get a memory location error at

0x60ff8730. The problem is the same in the original Asus P5N-E SLI BIOS as the latest version. Like everyone else I have tried different memory configurations as well as timings. Nothing is stopping the random BSOD's and reboots. With Memtest i get an insane amount of errors on both sticks but none while testing only one at a time. Could it be my memory controller? or am i missing something here?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, there are various post with this problem involving P5N-E SLI and they've help me to pin point this settings, which are reasonable stable:

Cas: 4

RAS: 4

RAS Precharge: 4

Tras: 12

TRC: 22

CM: 2T

Voltage: 2.085

sticks on modules 1 and 3, Bios 0602, memtest 1.36+ ok for 12 hours

but... (and THIS IS IMPORTANT) because we all buy this kind of hardware to achieve maximum performance, my cpu won't oc at all and the graphic card (evga 8800 gts 640 mb superclocked) has severe issues oc'ing

My question to MemGuy: do you think this issue could be eventually solved via a BIOS update? if that's so, maybe we can start reporting the problem to Asus, so they can work on it...

Thx, for the quick answer.

Actually I'm not trying to break any record. I'd like to reach something around a 10% to 15% of overclock.

But, Ramguy, and returning to the problem, do you think (or do you know) of a specific problem in the motherboard that only can be addresed with a bios update? because maybe we are trying something here that can't be achieved poking in the present ones and the only answer awaits for a possible deep level fix.

• Corsair Employees
I am not sure what you are asking, but if you have not updated the Bios and you are having this type of problem, then I would suggest trying it. I am sorry there are just too many MB's for me to know the quirks on every MB on the market.

We need some help dealing with Asus. I'm sure I'm not the first person to call Asus (not toll free) and spend hours on hold to not get anywhere. The last time I called I was told that only ******** memory is tested with the P5N-E and nothing else is supported. Not only that, he went so far as to tell me that Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 is NOT SLI-Ready memory.

The Asus P5N-E has in its BIOS "SLI-Ready Memory", which no one at their support will admit because it's not in their outdated manual. If I'm not mistaken, that is an nVidia standard. It doesn't work with my Corsair memory, though.

I don't usually use forums, but trying to call Corsair only got me voicemail so this is a last resort. If I'm breaking protocol or need to start a new post or something, please let me know.

• Corsair Employees
THe motherboard does support EPP, but there is a minor problem when you enable it. The motherboard sets the TRC and Command Rate to "1". I would advise to manually adjust the timings on this motherboard.

Here's what i've done:

I tested each stick alone and in each row with memtest 1.70 and windows vista memory test, advanced settings, and none gave a single error never. Period.

As soon as I put the two sticks in any row configuration, vista mem test gives errors, but never did memtest.

I downgraded bios to 401 and 505 since 602 didn't work, just to try. Nothing.

Always had crashes in XP and Vista... alone or in pairs

I wrote to asus... complaining mostly and begging for a new bios

Man... i don't know what else can be done

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we will try to help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday threw Friday excluding holidays!

• 7 months later...

Help.

This is my rig: ASUS P5N-E SLI (Rev 1.01G) BIOS 0505; Corsair CM2X1024-6400C6 G (total 2GB) slotted in yellow slots Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) edition; Intel Core 2 Duo E6600; Hitachi 320 Gig H/Drive; XFX 7600GT 256MG graphics card; Seasonic M12 500 watts PSU; Samsung SH-S182M DVD.

I regularly get BSOD with everything I do on my PC. For example I cannot view photos that are suppluied as part of Windows Vista OS or listen to audio CD etc.

I've followed Forum threads both on Corsair and Asus web sites and changed the BIOS settings (that have worked for some) to no avail.

Here is the current BIOS setting for your information:

SLI memory Disabled

Memory voltage = 2.085

tCL=4

tRCD=4

tRP=4

tRAS=12

CMD=2

Advance memory settings:

tRC=22

tWTR=15

All other settings set to auto

Please could you advise what I need to do get the PC working?

Archived