Corsair Community

3500LLPro

SFWind

Hi all,

I currently have a pair of 1GB 3500LLPro sticks in my computer. I need to add more memory to my system, but looking at suppliers and Corsair's website I can't find the 3500LLPro modules anymore. Corsair's website recommends the TWINX2048-3200C2PT. Would this be compatible with the 3500LLPro modules? I do not OC my system at this time.

1, Where could I find the 3500LLPro memory modules?

I have tried a bunch of retailers, but they don't have it.

2, What else could I use if I need 2 more GB for a total of 4GB in my system?

Motherboard ASUS - A8N32 - SLI system with AMD 64 x2 4800+ CPU running Vista x64.

Thanks a bunch!

--SFWind--

• Corsair Employees
These modules are discontinued and I would not mix with any other type of models since it will use a different type of IC. I would not recommend upgrading since it would require you to run at DDR 333MHZ speeds when installing 4 modules.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, I really have two problems to deal with.

1, Regardless I put in two more 1GB sticks for a total of 4GB I have to deal with dropping the speed to 333MHZ? Would this apply even if all the memory chips are the same?

2, Compability issues with two different sets of IC. Without OCing the system assume I can deal with the 333MHz speed, how likely that I will have a problem in your experience?

Thanks a lot.

--sfwind--

1, Regardless I put in two more 1GB sticks for a total of 4GB I have to deal with dropping the speed to 333MHZ? Would this apply even if all the memory chips are the same? Yep regardless, as long as you install 4 modules.

2, Compability issues with two different sets of IC. Without OCing the system assume I can deal with the 333MHz speed, how likely that I will have a problem in your experience? highly likely since a nano sec of a difference will cause errors.

Archived