Corsair Community

Bad Memory!

I have a set of CMX1024-3200C2PT memory that aren't working. The computer starts up but the mobo don't boot-up. I see the fans moving and the LED lights are on but computer don't boot up. I've tested them as a set and seperately. I also tried them in a different computer and it alway is the same problem.

some help me!!!

• Corsair Employees
If the system will not post with either module then its likely some other problem, and from the config you gave I would suspect the PSU. When you tested them in another system did you reset the Bios?

PSU's fine. After looking at bios, I didn't see anything wrong. I then turned off the PC, took one of the sticks out of slot A1, leaving just the one stick in slot B1 (thats recommended by the asus user guide i have if working with just one stick), and the PC worked just fine. I repeated by taking the stick that worked out of slot B1 and put the other stick in the same B1 slot. I Started it again with just the other one stick and it did the same as having both sticks in.

The problem has to be that one stick is good and the other is bad.

Thanks for the reply.

Ya, I went into Bios and changed the voltage from auto to v2.75. That didn't fix it. One stick works with that voltage and the other just doesn't work at all.

My other set of older memory sticks are almost the same but they are the 512mb version and they work flawlessly.

I think one of the two 1gb sticks is bad.

Archived