Corsair Community

Rma# R242056/case #106918

The RMA process is becoming very frustrating. I shipped my XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 memory to corsair using UPS.

According to UPS tracking number it was recieved Thursday morning at 9:06am

Tracking Detail

Your package has been delivered.

Tracking Number: 1Z 204 F21 02 4047 684 4

Type: Package

Delivered on: 03/29/2007 9:06 A.M.

Signed by: SANABRIA

Delivered to: FREMONT, CA, US

Shipped or Billed on: 03/27/2007

Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR

Weight: .40 Lb

I have now called customer service three times (Friday, Monday and again today). Each time I have spoke to a different person but each tell me the same thing.

1) Package has not been recieved yet

2) Asked for Tracking Information

3) Said replacements would be shipped out that same day with a email followup with tracking info.

Is this just the standard response that is given to people when they call? The original rma notice states that RMA will be processed within 24-48 hours of recieving the package, but I guess as long as they keep saying package was not recieved they can take as long as they want.

You can guess that my confidence level in the replacement memory being shipped today is very low as I have already been told twice previously it was going to happen and it did not. What is going to make this third promise any different?

It is just disappointing to spend the extra money to get Corsair memory, have it go bad, spend more money to send it back and then have to deal with a frustrating RMA process. This is the first time I have bought a Corsair product, and not sure I will ever buy or recommend again.

Did you read my original post?? :confused:

I have already called 3 times, been told same thing 3 times (that replacements would be shipped out that day), and so far two out of the three what they told me was not true (nothing was shipped).

As you will also see in my original post, all the tracking info is provided and shows package was delivered last week.

I just don't understand why this has to be so hard???

Thanks Ram Guy but unfortuately I recieved the following via email this evening and I don't know what to believe anymore :confused:

Hey Greg,

We are currently transferring all our RMA numbers into a new system. Please allow a couple of days for this process to finish. Thank you

Ps. If you do not receive anything within a few days please email me.

Carlos

Email: Carlosp@corsairmemory.com

I will call once again tomorrow morning to try to figure out what is actually happening.

I called again this morning and this time I got through to the same person I spoke to on Monday. She told me that she had a post-it on her desk (I am assuming from the RMA supervisor that RAM GUY mentioned) saying that a package was sent out and she was to email me once tracking info was available. Now if all this is true, she should send me an email later today once she finds out the tracking info, and if it was sent yesturday by 3-day I should get it on Friday.

I will update again later once I have or recieve more info.

Surprise, surprise.....No email...Called again today...MEMORY DID NOT SHIP!!!!

The customer rep said she is going to ensure that it gets shipped today. As I have already been told this four times and four times it did not ship, I will not be getting hopes up.

How long should I wait before I start calling again??

Also, do you know what the policy is for just requesting a full refund of purchase price. This is getting to a point where I never want to deal with Corsair products again.

EDIT: Just talked to Customer service and a solution may be in the works, but we will see. I will update tomorrow.

Well yesturday (9th) I was told the replacements would be shipped out overnight. Today I came home and nothing was delivered (Surprise Surpise).

I called the Customer Support agent that I have been dealing with for the last week and a half and sure enough, nothing was shipped. She told me she was going to go talk to the shipping department and call me back. Less then 10 mins later she called back, and appears a package FINALLY was shipped today. She has provided me a UPS tracking number over the phone and now checking on the UPS web site it shows scheduled delivery for tomorrow (11th) via next day air. Hopefully everything will be correct, work fine, and this experience will finally come to an end.

I will update how it turns out in a couple days.

Well I recieved my 6400c4 replacements today. I have installed them and run numerous tests (memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic tool), and the memory has passed with no errors so far. I will keep running test over the next few days and weeks. Being that my previous sticks started failing after 3 weeks I will have to wait and see if the same happens here. If not then I am finally done with this RMA.

The RMA process is becoming very frustrating. I shipped my XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 memory to corsair using UPS.

According to UPS tracking number it was recieved Thursday morning at 9:06am

Tracking Detail

Your package has been delivered.

Tracking Number: 1Z 204 F21 02 4047 684 4

Type: Package

Delivered on: 03/29/2007 9:06 A.M.

Signed by: SANABRIA

Delivered to: FREMONT, CA, US

Shipped or Billed on: 03/27/2007

Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR

Weight: .40 Lb

I have now called customer service three times (Friday, Monday and again today). Each time I have spoke to a different person but each tell me the same thing.

1) Package has not been recieved yet

2) Asked for Tracking Information

3) Said replacements would be shipped out that same day with a email followup with tracking info.

Is this just the standard response that is given to people when they call? The original rma notice states that RMA will be processed within 24-48 hours of recieving the package, but I guess as long as they keep saying package was not recieved they can take as long as they want.

You can guess that my confidence level in the replacement memory being shipped today is very low as I have already been told twice previously it was going to happen and it did not. What is going to make this third promise any different?

It is just disappointing to spend the extra money to get Corsair memory, have it go bad, spend more money to send it back and then have to deal with a frustrating RMA process. This is the first time I have bought a Corsair product, and not sure I will ever buy or recommend again.

I have the same problem as you i have sent the memorys and fedex tells me it is deliverd but nothing happens so i think it is the last time i buy corsair.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :evil: :[pouts:

Archived