Corsair Community

Overclocking Help

Hey guys,

Here are my PC specs...

Asus P5B Deluxe

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz)

Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400 RAM

Zalman CNPS9500 heatsink

I am trying to overclock my Core 2 Duo, but for some reason, when I do that it changes the RAM speed to PC2-4300. When I change the setting from auto to DDR2-800 and the RAM voltage to 2.1V, the computer refuses to turn on and reverts it back to the defaults. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Derek

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey guys,

Here are my PC specs...

Asus P5B Deluxe

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz)

Corsair TWIN2x2048-6400 RAM

Zalman CNPS9500 heatsink

I am trying to overclock my Core 2 Duo, but for some reason, when I do that it changes the RAM speed to PC2-4300. When I change the setting from auto to DDR2-800 and the RAM voltage to 2.1V, the computer refuses to turn on and reverts it back to the defaults. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Derek

I have a different board but you should "unlink" the FSB (QDR) from the Memory (DDR). That is why when you raise your CPU, your RAM speed is slowed correspondingly.

I dont have a setting for go from "Auto" to "DDR2-800" so I cant help there.

Try setting your FSB speed to 1333MHz, then setting your RAM divider to 3:2 w/ timings 4-4-4-12-2T. This should give you a decent OC and will hold your RAM around 888MHz wich it should be able to handle just fine.

(If you have poor cooling you may want to set FSB up slowly and watch your heat.)

-Me

• Corsair Employees
The BIOS will run memory at lower frequency if you leave MemCLock to AUTO. What is your CPU FSB setting? increasing your CPU FSB with MemClock at DDR2 800 will overclock the RAM as well.

Archived