Corsair Community

1 CM2X1024-6400C4 DIMM "Dead on Arrival"

I bought a TWIN2X2048-6400C4 kit with 2 CM2X1024-6400C4 DIMMs. One of the DIMMs works perfectly, but the other one seems completely dead. When placed all by itself in my Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard, the computer turns on but the screen never turns on and I have to hold down the power button for 4 seconds to turn it off. When I place the other DIMM in the same location all by itself, it boots up perfectly. I tried it on my friend's AMD PC, and we got the same result.

I am certain the memory is dead and it has nothing to do with my system because I needed memory bad so I ordered another TWIN2X2048-6400C4 pair kit, and both DIMMs work perfectlly. I planned to give the replaced DIMM to my brother who needs it. In fact, I am currently running Vista 64-Bit with 4 CM2X1024-6400C4 DIMMS and they run perfectly, so again, my config is not any problem.

Current config:

http://home.earthlink.net/~justin03248/4gb.jpg

Please give me the go ahead so I can request an RMA for this one DIMM. Also, since it came in a kit, let me know if there's anything different I have to do seeing that only 1 DIMM is damaged. Thanks.

Kevin Smith

Archived