Corsair Community

Corsair ValueSelect DIMM Kit 1024MB PC3200 DDR produces errors

Hey there,

i got a bad kit of Corsair ValueSelect DIMM Kit 1024MB PC3200 DDR CL2.5-3-3-8-2T (PC400) (VS1GBKIT400).

one of the modules produces continuous errors at the beginning of MemTest.

I tried several solutions - like swapping ram slots, exchanging hardware but always with the same result (I tried SDP settings and Manual...)

Both RAMs look fine without any kind of damage!

Furthermore there is a problem :

I live here in Germany where 1x 512 MB costs ~ 35€ -> the shipping cost to Corsair RMA, USA ~ 37€.

Well now you will advise me to arrange for RMA through the retailer, but the problem is that i lost the copy of the invoice and he denies assisstance without...

Therefore you will understand that the shipping will not worth...

Hopefully you can help me in this very special case !

Many thanks in advance !

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry there is little we would be able to do, your reseller will not help you with the invoice? Most will give you a copy if you made the purchase on line.

You can contact our customer service and see if there is anything they can do, but I suspect they will just offer to RMA it directly, please send them an email at rma@corsairmemory.com.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

hey!

i already wrote several emails days/weeks ago but did not receive any reply..

its nearly impossible for me to reach someone at the phone due to the extreme time shifts...

kindly investigate from your side - i did all i can do... :(

Archived