Corsair Community

Faulty 2GB Flash Voyager

joevals

Hi RamGuy,

I am wondering how I go about getting an RMA autorisation for getting my 2GB Flash Voyager replaced (was bought on 22 August 2006)?

The problem that I have been exeriencing is as follows/I have done the following to get issue resolved as well:

1. The flash drive will intermittently drop out and then re-detect by the system while in use or when sitting dormantly connected to the USB port.

2. I have re-formatted and re-partitioned the drive using the Corsair Flash Voyager Utility, the drive formats and partitions ok, but the issues is still there.

3. The drive works ok for a few days and then it will constantly drop out while copying files to/from the drive and re-detect a few seconds after it has dropped out. This can happen over and over again on the same day or it can run fine for a few days.

4. I have tested the drive in front and rear USB ports on my PC with the same results, I have also tested it on a friends PC and my work desktop unit.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be appreciated; or

If needed please provide with authorisation so that I can arrange to have the drive replaced with an RMA.

Thank you.

Archived