Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 BSOD at boot

josephn78

Hello!

I recently purchased a Asus M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition together with 4 sticks of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 . When I install all 4 sticks, the system POSTs fine, but I get a BSOD when Windows Vista x64 (or x32) starts or if I am trying to install either OS. With 3 or less sticks installed, I have no problems. The BSOD is a "BIOS not fully ACPI compliant" error.

According to Asus, this memory is approved to work with all 4 DIMM slots occupied on this board. Asus tech support says it's either the board or the processor, but looking on the net, this issue seems to be rather general.

Currently, I am using default settings for the RAM. I have eliminated the possibility of a bad stick. What are some possible solutions?

-joe

• Corsair Employees
We tested this MB and it would not pass at any speed but we will set it up next week and test with the memory frequency at to 266 MHz or DDR533. But normally DDR667 would be suggested with 4 modules at 2.1 Volts.

It's interesting that your tests failed, yet Asus reports that this memory works at DDR800 with all 4 DIMMs occupied.

I've tested the memory all the way down to DDR2 400, 2.1V 5-4-4-12 and still no luck with all 4 DIMMs occupied.

There are a plethora of timing options on this mobo though; any chance you crazy memory guys at corsair could spend a day trying to find just the right options for me? :):)

-joe

• Corsair Employees

We tested this early last week. If there is a later bios, try the following settings for 4 modules:

SLI Ready: Disabled(this setting has nothing to do with your graphics SLI configuration, don't get confused)

Memory Votage: 2.0v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2T

TRC: 24

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem (can only use 3gb - 4gb crashes the system) and have a very similar system.

I have opened a support ticket with Asus and they have sent me BIOS revision 0401. That has not fixed the problem. They also have suggested increasing the RAM voltage.

I have tried the suggested settings above but have had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Surano.

• 1 month later...

Archived