Corsair Community

TWINX Registered memory module failure

JimmieJoe

I have a WIN2K3 SBS Standard server that has been running for over a year and suddenly last Thursday I experience a system failure. The system was stuck in an infinite reboot loop, after POST.

I pulled all but 1 memory module and got the system to boot to the OS only to find that the OS was corrupted.

I put all of the maodules back in and ran memtest 86+ v1.70. It started showing error imediately.

I have isolated the problem to a single module. I am guessing the the module was originally in slot 1 of CPU 2.

Any ideas why the module failed? No OCing has been done on the server.

I have the following system:

ASUS K8N-DRE MB

2 Opteron 250 CPUs with AMD PIB HS

2 sets of TWINX1024 Registered, consisting of 4 CMX512RE-3200LL modules (XMS3200REv2.1) in dual channel mode for each processer.

1 WD360 System drive

3 WD740 Data drives

1 Sony 810a DVD-RW

1 Mitsumi Floppy

CoolerMaster Stacker T01 Case with 4-in-3 module

Antec TruePower2.0 480W PSU

Anything special that I need to do be before RMAing the module. Can I get a Failure report for the module?

The form generateds the following error when I click next:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nullable object must have a value.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.

Source Error:

Line 55: lblRam.Text = c_case.MemoryAltDesc;

Line 56: } else {

Line 57: cmMemory m = new cmMemory(c_case.MemoryID.Value);

Line 58: lblRam.Text = m.Memory;

Line 59: }

Source File: e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tools\helpdesk\ram_support_h.aspx.cs Line: 57

Stack Trace:

[invalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.]

System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) +48

System.Nullable`1.get_Value() +17

helpdesk_ram_support_h.db_case() in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tools\helpdesk\ram_support_h.aspx.cs:57

helpdesk_ram_support_h.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tools\helpdesk\ram_support_h.aspx.cs:31

System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15

System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Archived