Corsair Community

No Post condition.

Runesai

I must be missing something, I've installed the Corsair CMPSU-620HX into my system which has an Asus A7N8X-VM/400 motherboard with 1GB of ram with a Semperon 3000 processor. All I get from attempting to start the computer is the LED on the motherboard blinks and that's it. No beeps, whirls, nothing. Nothing starts not even the fan for even a split second. I tried using my videocard and without, I've also tried with nothing else connected to my machine. Is there a known issue with this board or some direction I haven't tired yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new PSU. Had it switched out and same result. I did notice that if I hold down the power button the led on the motherboard blinks. No reaction from the PSU at all. Is there a possible problem with it being an older board?

I just checked with the motherboard's manual, is states that it needs a powersupply with at least 1A on the +5V standby lead. I'm pretty sure this is covered since I think the PSU's is 3A.

Anyone have any ideas on this issue? I'd really like to get this sorted out (if it's incompatible I'll use the PSU as a start for building a new system which I was planning on doing eventually). Unfortunately the systems I have access to are similar (as in have the same or nearly the same Asus motherboard).

• Corsair Employees
If this is a new Build, you might remove the MB from the case and just try it on top of the Box it came in with the Video card CPU and memory and see if it will post. Might be some type of grounding issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Just and update, I received a new board, moved over everything, and it's all working perfectly. It appears that the old motherboard is no longer able to control the voltages.

Thanks for everyone's help. Awesome PSU.

Archived