Corsair Community

can run 2G but not 4G with Asus MB

elrohir

Hi all,

I can run with 2 GB (two sticks) either in slots 1 and 2 or slots 3 and 4. When I try 3 or 4 sticks, I get the BSOD. I managed to get into Windows Memory Tool when I put in 3 sticks and it said I had a hardware error. I have loaded the latest BIOS available from ASUS and have tried manually changing the latencies to the values posted on the sticks - no joy. I am running Vista 64, but I get the same BSOD when I try to boot in XP Pro. Clearly, there is an issue with the MB and memory.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Thanks a bunch,

Dave

I have the same problem with a P5N32-E SLI PLUS! I have tested all the memory in pairs with all the mem test programs that I can find. All test OK but, I can't get Vista HP 32bit to even boot with all four sticks in at the same time? I hope someone who has had this problem can please tell us how they fixed it. HELP!

Brand new system:

ASUS P5N32-E Plus with E6700 processor. Current BIOS. 4GB of the Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4.

When testing 2GB of memory, at a time, with Memtest, both pairs have no errors. When I install all 4 GB, I get lots of Memtest errors about 10% of the way through the testing process.

Memory speed at 800, 4-4-4-12, and voltage at 2.1v. Are you suggesting 667 is needed to run 4GB?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived