Corsair Community

bad memory corsair xms3200

sealax

HI, I have had a host of problems with my pc - which starngely disappered after I removed one of my 1gb Corsair memory modules.

At one stage I could not even boot into safe mode or load the windows xp boot cd, all my pc would do would go to POST, then reset and repeat this.

I bought the modules in the last 12 months from Scan Computers in the UK, and have had no previous problems with them (that I know of).

Below are some of the error codes I was getting after the pc BSOD on me.

file: \windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

info: windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt.

stop: 0x0000007e

and....

file:\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

info: the file is possibly corrupt. its header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Tried windows memory diag tool, this reported:

info:an unexpected error has occurred.

I also tried resetting bios, disconnecting both hard disks, booting with only core components attached, booting from xp cd, booting in safe mode/last known good config etc - none of this worked. The PC only started working again after I removed one of these modules!

I would now like to send this back to you to check for me, can you help?

Sealax

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived