Corsair Community

Non-functional 16GB Flash Voyager

swisneski

I have a 16GB Flash Voyager, part number CMFUSB2.0-16GB.

When I insert the device into my USB port and go to My Computer it shows up as "Removable Disk (D:)". When I double-click on the drive it says "Please insert a disk into drive D:"

If I right-click on My Computer and go to Manage > Disk Management it shows Removable (D:) as Unreadable. The properties on the unreadable device shows it as USB MEMORY BAR USB device with a capacity of 0. I am unable to initialize the drive or format it.

Please advise.

When I try "format g: /fs:fat32 /u" it says "Insert new disk for drive G: and press Enter when ready..." when I hit enter it says "Error in IOCTL call".

The file system of the drive currently shows as "RAW" with 0 bytes.

Again, I tried this on two different machines.

• 3 months later...
  • Corsair Employees

Does the system see the drive and assign a drive letter to it? If you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived