Corsair Community

Vista & Voyager 16GB Flash Drive

Frenchy

Yesterday I received my Voyager 16GB Flash Drive (Model CMFUSB2.0-16GB) from newegg.com and plugged it into my USB 2.0 port on my Vista computer.

Vista makes the sound that some new device has been plugged in.

It does it's search routine and then reports an error saying it can't find a driver.

If I go into Device manager, I see the Flash drive with the yellow icon next to it and it says it's a mass storage device.

I did the update driver feature on Vista and it started to search for a driver online. It eventually stops searching and says I have the most up to date driver.

Scratching my head, I decicded to reboot the computer as that sometimes helps. No good.

So is the Voyager 16GB Flash Drive capable of working on Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit).

Note: I'm just using the flash drive as a regular drive. Not using the Vista feature to use it as a temp storage device to speed things up.

Frenchy

• 2 months later...
i had the same problem in vista ultimate x32, but had to manually install drivers from this location C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore (and do it 4 times - once for each required driver)

Archived