Corsair Community

Bad TWIN2X2048-6400C4D

Flagellum

I purchased (4) of the TWIN2X2048-6400C4D. I installed the first pair I grabbed and The sytem would not post. I tried one at a time with the same results. I installed another pair and the system booted fine. I then updated the BIOS to current version, re-installed non working RAM and same results once more. I re-installed working RAM and system booted fine. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Memory is installed on

INTEL D975XBX2 w/BIOS 86A.2674

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and exit saving changes with the working set and then try to boot to a CD or Floppy and turn the system off and try the other modules that were not working. If you still get the same problem, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

Ram Guy I did as you suggested and got the same results the system would not post w/bad RAM I created an RMA refering to this post but have not heard anything RMA was submitted on 3/29....not sure if I needed to do more??? Please respond as to the next step after RMA was submitted through online page, or if I need to re-create online rma.

Thanks

Archived