Corsair Community

Corsair support- very poor!!!

Back story in short… my Corsair memory was faulty so I had to apply for RMA. In 1st place I got in touch with online shop I bought my memory from and asked them what to do? They advised me that they could sort out RMA for me however best option for me would be to sent memory straight to manufacturer thus it will take shorter time to get replacement so I decided to send it away myself.

It was end of November/beginning of December last year when I applied for RMA on Corsairs website… 2 weeks later and I still haven’t received any response from Corsair so I decided to phone them up. I spoke to RMA team and they confirmed that they received my request and RMA case has been opened for me so I asked how come I haven’t received any confirmation email and I’ve been told that confirmation email was sent, was it? I said that I haven’t received any emails from Corsair and person I spoke to said that he is going to re-send confirmation email however I was provided with RMA number over the phone, basically it’s all I needed but just to note until this very day I haven’t received any conformation email from Corsair!

OK, I had my RMA reference number so I packed up my memory and sent it away to Corsair on 15th of December 2006. After I waited, waited and waited… It was end of January 2007 (6 weeks later) and as I didn’t had any response from Corsair I had to phone them again. Spoke to RMA team and have been advised that their systems are down and they are unable to check what the status of my case is so I’ve been advised that RMA team will send me an email with an update later the same day (when system comes back). Next day came and I didn’t have any email (again) so I send them email asking to provide me with an update on my case. Day later still nothing so I phoned them again… This time got a little bit further… Spoke to team and they confirmed that they received my faulty memory. Guy I spoke to said that he will need to check if they still have the same model for replacement and after few minutes on hold he advised me that they still have this memory so he will be sending it out shortly and I should receive it in a weeks time or so.

And again I was waiting, waiting and waiting... I waited for about 4 weeks and there was no sight of my replacement memory… It was already end of February, 10 weeks after I requested my RMA and I still didn’t have my memory. I had to phone them again… Also what I realized is that every time I phoned them and chose option to speak to somebody from RMA team I always ended up in somebody’s voice mail and no one ever answered my calls so to get through and actually to speak to somebody from RMA team I had to get trough to Technical Support team and ask them to transfer me to RMA team.

OK, end of February and I was calling them again. Got through and lady called Janam answered my call. After short explanation I asked where my replacement memory is as guy from previous call said it will be sent out month ago and I still haven’t received it. Janam said that they actually don’t have this particular model as it has been discontinued and there is no replacement to send. I nearly said to her: “You must be ******* joking”. You can’t imagine how ****** off I was at that moment (I was waiting for whole month and no one ever even bothered to get back to me to advise that they actually don’t have replacement for me) however I tried to keep calm and asked her what she is going to do now. I have been offered alternative models as replacement but line was quite bad and I couldn’t properly hear what models she is talking about, also I didn’t want to accept her offer without double checking what models actually I’ve been offered so I managed to get Janam’s email and after phone call I sent her email asking to send me the names of alternative memory models she would be able to send me. Received reply some time later… there was 2 alternative models she offered however 1 of them was DDR2 but I needed DDR so it was out of question and left me with only 1 alternative model that actually was PC3200 rather than PC4400 that I had originally and retail price of this memory was good £50 less. I wasn’t too happy with this offer so in short there was another several emails sent to Janam. There was another alternative model offered to me but I still couldn’t accept it and we ended up agreeing that Corsair is going to refund me full retail price I paid for my original memory. There was an email sent to Janam to confirm what the sum is going to be as I suspected they will do refund in US dollars. Before I sent electronic copy of my original receipt to Janam I advised her that sum I paid for my memory was £125.95 + VAT (17.5%) that in total was £147.99 so she replied and advised me that the sum they are going to refund will be $285 (looked about right) and they will send me cheque. I sent Janam electronic copy of my original invoice and sat back to wait for my cheque for $285.

Yesterday (10 days later form last email) I received my cheque. I came home from work and big UPS Express Envelope was waiting for me. In 1st I was confused and didn’t have a clue what is inside but I quickly opened it to see what’s waiting for me. There was smaller envelope inside and after seeing Corsair name on it I jumped in the air and shouted: YES… Finally it was over… It was 16 weeks since I applied for my RMA and now it was only left to me to go to my bank to clear cheque… But was it over?

After I opened envelope and saw cheque inside and what’s on it I said: You ******* bastards! Check wasn’t for $285 as mentioned before and sum on check was $243.90 to help you with maths its $41.10 short. After analysing what happened I came up with conclusion that I have been refunded £125.95… sum I paid for my memory not including VAT. I think I know what’s happened there… on original invoice all prices was shown without VAT and then at the bottom of invoice VAT was applied to Subtotal so I think when Janam checked my invoice she saw that price I paid for my memory was £125.95 what is right but it didn’t include VAT so she took it from there and decide to refund me only this sum… However I explained to her in previous emails that full retail price (including VAT) was £147.99 thus refund sum meant to be $285. I sent email to Janam yesterday to get some explanation but I received automated response that she is out of office and will be back Monday so I forwarded my email to RMA team’s generic email: rma@corsairmemory.com but I never received any response and to be perfectly honest it didn’t surprised me anymore… Now I need to wait until Monday to hear back from Janam and at the moment I don’t know what’s going to happen but it’s not over yet!

But I definitely can say 1 thing now… It was the 1st and the last time in my life I bought anything from Corsair. Even if they are making good memory it’s not worth the hassle you getting when it comes to support.

P.S. Originally I wrote this for another forum on Saturday. Today is Monday and so far I haven’t received any response, not even from Janam :mad:.

EDIT: Forgot to tell that I’m from UK.

• Corsair Employee
First thing, I am very sorry for the problems you have had with our service and I have asked them to contact you to see if there is something we can do. But normally I dont think we would refund any sales Tax.

RAM GUY I accepted this money refund only because I have been offered full retail price (including tax)…

What else: normally all respectable companies (Corsair unfortunately isn't on this list anymore and I’m in doubt it ever was) will replace your product with better one if they don’t have particular model anymore but I was offered to replace my high speed PC4400 ram with PC3200, where is logic?

Anyway there is update:

Monday I didn’t received any emails from Janam at all neither from RMA team.

Tuesday morning I sent another email to Janam asking for explanation. When I came home from work the same day there was reply email from Janam saying that they are investigating what’s happened.

Wednesday I received another email saying that they need one more day for further investigation.

Thursday I received fallowing email:

Hi Andris,

Thanks for great patience and I had contact my accountings told me that actually you have got correct amount according to X-rates.

If you still have some questions please let me know.

Thanks!

I just didn’t have words to describe this… You just are laughing at me, do you?

I sent very cynic reply asking what x-rate you are talking about. Was it the one you made up in Corsair? I did quick math and realized if the sum you refunded me ($243.90) is full amount then to refund my £147.99 you used x-rate as ~1.64 what is total joke. I went online and searched for several USA banks and found CA based bank and exchange rate was around 1.96.

After relatively short time I received reply to my cynic email:

Hi Andris,

If you go online http://www.x-rates.com and put your Euro money and convert to American dollar, they will tell you how much you supposed to get.

Thanks!

This email purpose probably was to just throw some dirt in my face and to get rid of me as Janam (is she really stupid or she just pretending?) probably thought that x-rates is going to be very low (I think she never really checked what x-rate is) and I will have to see that I have been refunded all money but I knew that if somebody is wrong here then it was Corsair. I would never believe that x-rate was as low as 1.64 so with big confidence I went to provided website and checked exchange rate and here we go: £147.99 was $290.46.

I sent Janam another reply and I asked where my missing money is however I never received reply from her. There weren’t any emails from her on Friday either so I sent another email asking what Corsair is going to do about this but still no answer. What a surprise, eh!

BTW my RMA case number is R210024.

• Corsair Employee

Andris L

I am very sorry about the issue and I have sent an email to the customer service manager and asked them to look into this and contact you ASAP.

I am traveling out of the country right now but when I return I on the 9th I will follow up and make sure this has been properly looked into.

Ram Guy

Photographer

If you have a problem, please start your own thread and we will be happy to replace it.

I just spoke to customer service and they will contact you ASAP.

Thanks RAM GUY.

I've been contacted just 5 minutes ago by guy called Hussian (sorry if I misspelt his name) and I’ve been advised that cheque (for missing sum) will be sent out in next few days or so. Finally it’s coming to end...

And once again thanks for your help RAM GUY ;):.

P.S. I will let you know once cheque arrives.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived