Corsair Community

Very disappointed with Corsair Flash Voyager

htt182

Sorry for my bad English,

I have Corsair Flash Voyager for 2 years, this drive works well, writes 100MB in +-7 seconds (13+ MB/s).

After 2 years, this drive has damage and i return it to distributor. They tell me that 256MB has discontinued, and i should upgrade to a bigger capacity. I upgrade to Flash Voyager 1GB and adding money. Now I'm very disappointed with this new drive. It writes at 2-2.4 MB/s. It's slower than a cheapest drive!

When I buy Corsair Flash Voyager in April, 2005, it's a fastest and very expensive drive on the market. After 2 years, I got a very slow drive. What's wrong with Corsair's promises and 10 years warranty? I think it's a "trick" to make consumer upgrade their drive to GT series, and after a few years, corsair will launch a faster drive, and GT series will be slow, again...

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" And send them an email they will help you get this resolved.

How you can solve this problem with RMA? Please explain it here!

Tell me the real write speed and read speed of Flash Voyager 1GB, so anyone will know their drive has damaged or not! Why you can't explain that drive's speed?

I think all flash voyager 1GB will work with 2-2.5MB/s for writing, elijabaley explain this:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58968

So how you can solve my problem?

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry I cannot give you that information, if you feel that your drive is not performing correctly I would suggest contacting our customer service and they will do there best to help you get this resolved.

:mad: WHY YOU CAN'T TELL US THE REAL SPEED OF NEW FLASH VOYAGER?????? :mad:

This is my write speed result from 1GB Flash Voyager with Nodesoft Diskbench 2.4.3.1:

Copy File Bench started...

Copy D:\Test.zip to G:\Test.zip

Size: 56437062

Time: 24328 ms

Transfer Rate: 2.212 MB/s

Copy File Bench ended

This is read speed result:

Copy File Bench started...

Copy G:\Test.zip to C:\Test.zip

Size: 56437062

Time: 4688 ms

Transfer Rate: 11.481 MB/s

Copy File Bench ended

Now I ask you, my drive needs RMA or not?????????? :confused: :mad:

• Corsair Employees

Please use HD Bench Version 3.4.0.3 and select the file size of 100 MB and if you have a 2 Gig or smaller you should format with Fat16 4 Gig and larger should be with FAT32.

But the results you posted look to be in line with currant drives 1.0 Gig FV non GT

Okey, now it's clear that your new Voyager is really "slow". The write speed has decreased from 13MB/s to 2.2MB/s. So bad...

I think you will downgrade Flash Voyager GT in a few years later.

I'm very disappointed with your product and warranty. :mad:

Okey, I have tested 2 flash voyager 1 GB, in the computer store, and the result is the same. How you can replace my Voyager? You need to replace all the new Voyagers in the world!

Yesterday you have said this:

But the results you posted look to be in line with currant drives 1.0 Gig FV non GT

Now you say this:

2.2 Meg seems slow to me as well.

Wow, i think Corsair need to buy a new "robot" as a RAM GUY. :laughing:

I've exactly the same issue with a 2GB flash voyager. It's slower than my noname 2GB bar, and I wonder what can Corsair do in this case. What can RMA do with this problem as the device is not damaged, simply... very slow by nature ? It's so slow that it's unusable for common works (filling the 2GB at this rate would be horrible).

Is this the hardware technology that is that slow ? Or is this a firmware issue ? (Well even if this is due to the firmware, I think it's not updatable on such products).

• Corsair Employees

htt182

Please contact our customer service.

Karadoc

Please use HD Bench Version 3.4.0.3 and select the file size of 100 MB and if you have a 2 Gig or smaller you should format with Fat16 4 Gig and larger should be with FAT32.

• 7 months later...

Archived