Corsair Community

Twin XMS2 Memtest failure on one module.

iv-tecman

Hi,

I have a twin pack of CMSX1024-6400 800Mhz 5-5-5-12 memory. System is very un-stable, ASUS P5B Deluxe - Wifi MB.

Ran Memtest86 1.70 on both modules, a lot of errors on test 5 and 8. Took one module out, same errors.

Put other module back in, took erroring module out, problem has gone.

BIOS mem settings are set to auto, have not change and volt settings, I do not mess around with memory timings, or overclock, I always leave as auto.

I am in the UK, UK supplier wants me to return both modules, this seems crazy. only one is faulty. What is the UK corsair support number, I only need to RMA a single module.

thanks

Is there no one looking at this that works for corsair who can advise on how to get this single module swapped? Or if I need to try some BIOS settings, retailer I purchased from wants the two sticks back, leaving me without any memory.

No memory, no system till it gets returned, I can run with 1GB but can't run with no GB at all.

Willing to try new BIOS settings before going down the RMA route. Remember, I'm in the UK. Thanks

• Corsair Employees

Your first post was at about 3:AM in the morning our time here and it takes about 24 business hours to get a reply from us, and our Hours are Monday Threw Friday 8:30AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time excluding holidays.

Please makes sure that you have the latest bios version on your MB and then Load setup defaults and change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.0 Volts and the tested settings set manually! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure! And with this MB you have to disable legacy USB when running http://www.memtest.org.

sorry,

forgot about the time differences, thought you guys might have a European arm as well. Anyhow, done as instructed, memory passed this time when set to 2.v and flashed BIOS using ASUS updater.

I'll now test with windows XP SP2 and see if the system returns to being stable, it's only a few weeks old. guess I setup the BIOS incorrect after all. Fingers crossed.

thanks for the help.

Well,

I think this has fixed this... I could normally only play Test Drive Unlimited for 20 mins before it blue screened, been running solid for well over an hour now with the same game, good indication i'd say that is now more stable.

Many thanks for the help. Who'd have thought a few BIOS settings would make SUCH a change..

Archived