Corsair Community

Cms 1024 3200c2pt

mummypks

Well, apparently this is my second time having issue with one of the modules.

CPU: Intel 3.06

M/B: ASUS P4P800SE

Video: Leadtek 6800GT

H/D: Maxtor 80G

PSU: Thermaltek 500w

This is general outline of my computer. The issue is pretty simple I guess. Whenever I put this one of two dual channel ram into the slot, the computer won't boot up. The clock speed and voltage are set at right speed and volt since I used this ram for while. It was working until today, when all the sudden the games froze and strangely rebooted. After awhile, the computer won't even boot up (powered up though) with no starting screen.

I took out one of the module for testing which one is causing problem (I tested other components like videocard and harddriver on other computer and they work fine). Apparently, one that I RMAed a year and a half ago was the source of evil. The other one works just fine (meaning it runs programs fine and has no errors found on memtest).

Does anyone have similar problem?

Again, the computer was working perfectly until 3 hours ago, and no one touched the computer since the last time I used it. I am running this computer with 512MB, which is very^20 slow. Help please!:eek:

• Corsair Employees
With the CPU you have listed you would need to set the memory to run at DDR 333 can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Thanks for the response...

If you don't mind, can you please specify which information and how to get that information? I will do my best to write them here.

P.S. sorry for late response... I was away from home :):

• Corsair Employees

I would suggest these settings

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 133 MHz (3.06 133 Mhz 3.0C 200 Mhz.)

Memory Frequency: 166Mhz/DDR333

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts (but if you over clock 2.85 Volts)

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

I tried to set up the setting you listed above. (BTW, cpu is 3.06)

I set the setting up before i put it that mal functioned module... and then, as expected, the computer won't boot up when I put the bad module in.

What i meant by not booting up is that the computer won't even show the starting screen (it looks similar to having no videocard to output the screen, but in that case the computer still runs).

Is there any other way or do i need to RMA?

Archived