Corsair Community

MSI P6N Sli-Fi needs some good Corsair Ram

Shafra

Hello all, 1st post here on the Corsair forums. I recently purchased an MSI P6N Sli-Fi motherboard and I am looking for 2x1gb 240pin DDR2 800 memory sticks. I purchased another brand which was not compatible. I'm also hoping to find something that will work without doing any BIOS updates. I tried using the memory configurator but I did not see my motherboard listed.

I'm looking at:

TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Can anyone possibly help me out so I don't make another incompatible ram choice? I've been a big Corsair fan and use their ram in my other 2 PC's :) Also, on the NewEgg review for the above Ram many people were reporting defective sticks. I don't always trust reviews since they can often be biased, so again, any help is greatly appreciated.

(Apologize if I double posted, I think I put this on the wrong forum originally)

Hello all, 1st post here on the Corsair forums. I recently purchased an MSI P6N Sli-Fi motherboard and I am looking for 2x1gb 240pin DDR2 800 memory sticks. I purchased another brand which was not compatible. I'm also hoping to find something that will work without doing any BIOS updates. I tried using the memory configurator but I did not see my motherboard listed.

I'm looking at:

TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Can anyone possibly help me out so I don't make another incompatible ram choice? I've been a big Corsair fan and use their ram in my other 2 PC's :) Also, on the NewEgg review for the above Ram many people were reporting defective sticks. I don't always trust reviews since they can often be biased, so again, any help is greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
You should not have problems just make sure you have the latest bios and load setup defaults then set the tested settings and Voltage to 2.0 Volts and you have to be using a 1066 FSB CPU to run DDR2-800 memory.

Thanks, again :)

Twin2x2048-6400C4D is still a bit more then I was hoping to spend, but do you feel it's going to show a signifigant performance boost over TWIN2X2048-6400C4 ? If so, I'll just order that. I just want to make sure I can at least get my PC to POST, I don't mind having to adjust the ram voltage or timings in the BIOS, just want to make sure I can SEE the BIOS.

I am just going by NewEgg TWIN2X2048-6400C4 $169 after rebate, and TWIN2X2048-6400C4D $213 after rebate. If the extra $40 for the Dominator would be better, I'd get it, but if you think performance will be roughly the same I'll stick with the XMS2.

RamGuy, I hope you're still checking posts, I ordered model TWIN2X2048-6400

and just noticed it has a slightly different product code then the one I originally listed. If you can let me know is this will still be compatible with the MSI P6N Sli-Fi I'd greatly appreciate it, and also let me know what voltage I should set it at in the BIOS.

I still have about 6 hours to cancel the order, but hoping it works as the price after rebate is fantastic.

Ram Guy, the memory was already shipped out, so hopefully you can give me a "thumbs up" on the ram I purchased for compatibility with my motherboard. And if I need to make any voltage adjustments, just let me know :)

• 4 months later...
I'm using the P6N SLI Fi board by MSI with an e6600 as well. I Purchased TWIN2x2048-6400C4 G Corsair Memory from NewEgg. Each stick is labeled CM2x1024-6400C4 G, which I assume, ran as a pair, makes it twin... However, this is the second set I tried and cannot get the machine to post. The trouble shooting leds on the motherboard signal bad memory and it hangs. This is only my fourth build and I have never had a machine not post, I'm puzzled. Could it be a bad board, should I simply try another set of this RAM, or a different set of RAM. Is there something I need to do with the board to get it to recognize the Corsair Memory, I tried resetting the CMOS several times to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did try them one at a time in dimm 1. I had 2 extra sticks of patriot memory, PC2-6400 which didn't work, but I don't believe they were compatible with the board. The dvd-rom lites up when I start the computer, could it be possible to update the bios? Could it be possible the default bios setup is not supplying the memory with enough voltage, causing a false error?

Archived