Corsair Community

Wont Boot To Windows With New Memory

dunn001

Just Bought New Xms6404v2.1 Ddr2 800 2gb. Installed In Place Of My Ddr400, Wont Boot To Windows. With Just 1 Stick (tried Both Sticks In One At A Time In Both Slots) It Will Run In Safe Mode And Recognise The Memory. System Wont Run Untill I Replace The 184 Pin Ddr400. Any Help Would Be Great, As I Am A Newbie To This

Thx Chris

i reflashed the bios with the latest update, the system booted with only one stick installed. i changed the timing from auto to manual to 4-4-4-12. not sure on the trfc, trrd, trtp, twtr, and twr. as i dont know what they are. the voltage on vdimm is 2.57v i think, but it was above 2.1. now you stated that the board was only rated to ddr2 667, now with the ddr2 800 in will it rerate down to only 667 and still run, or will i have to run only up to 667. or can i use the 2gb od ddr2800 that i bought.

thx chris

• Corsair Employees
You are welcome to try anything you like what I told you was suggestion based on what I know about that MB, can you run it at 800 MHz? Maybe, but I doubt it. You just have to try it, and the memory Voltage should be set to no more than 2.1 Volts.

Archived