Corsair Community

CMX2X102406400 Long Beeps no POST

maamir

Hi,

I bought 2x1024GB Corsair DDR2 TWIN2X (CM2X 1024-6400) from ZipZoomfly and installed it on ASUS P5N-E SLI. The computer will not boot instead multiple beeps. I took out one mem stick and tried and it worked just fine. I swapped the other one and no boot instead long beeps from computer.

I think I have a bad RAM but may be missing something and need some settings (wondering why otherone boots though), so jumped on to this forum to get the answer where to go.

Should I fill out the RAM form if it is a bad RAM stick?

Thx.

• Corsair Employees
With the working module go to Bios setup and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the memory frequency at DDR667 and then exit saving changes and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org, if they both pass these them in Dual channel but with the CPU you have listed you have to run the memory at DDR667.

Hi.

I had exacly the same problem as you do.

1 stick worked and the other didnt, just one long beep.

but the one memory that didnt boot did start at the other setting 667 but died before windows. they were (800mzh)

Both memory in didnt work at all.

they were version 4.1 something.

so bad ME went out and bought 2 gig more corsair memory this time they were 5.1 batch. so i putted them in and they worked perfectly. so the problem here must be bad parts from corsair.

btw i did get a rma and send the old ones to corsair but havent heard anything from them yet, over 3 weeks now and not a sound.....

shouldnt have sent both memory's, why didnt i keep the good one.

Now i problably wont see any of them back.

No problem thou, dont even care anymore if i get them back, learned my lesson. I´ll never buy anything from corsair again.

• Corsair Employees
It should take 24-48 Hours excluding weekends and Holidays to get the RMA processed, if you don’t here from them by Wednesday Morning I would suggest calling them at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" and I am sure they will get you taken care of rinky tink!

Archived