Corsair Community

Memtest86 Errors, Question

Prom

Hi. I recently put together a gaming computer but found that it kept crashing in the middle of all my games. I am not overclocking, I don't even know how.

I looked up forums with people with similar problems and they received suggestions to run memtest86. I did and it came up with many, many errors. I ran a Prime95 Small FFTs torture test for 11+ hours with no problems just to make sure other parts of my computer were ok. I remember seeing someone write that it could be something to do with the BIOS setting...?

Is this true? How do I go about correcting it? What else can I do if the BIOS is ok?

Thank you for your help

• Corsair Employees
Just make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts then set the tested settings which you can get from the link in my signature.

Updated the bios to P26. Set the voltage to 2.0. But I don't really know how to check for all those things listed in the parameters. For example, I don't really know where to go for the "Write Recovery Time: 5" setting.

The only thing that I managed to figure out changing was the "tRAS: 15T" (it was set to 18T). So I ran memtest86 again with those changes above and I keep getting errors (many errors). Is there a guide to changing the parameters? What else can I do? Thanks again.

I set it up as 5-5-5-15 2T with a voltage of 1.9 as per the link you gave me.

But I still get erros, I changed the 2T to 1T and recieved less erros but still a lot. Voltage setting to 2.0 generates many more errors.

I've isolated the problem to one stick.

I ran each one at by itself at 5-5-5-15 2T at 1.9V and the first one came out with a similar pattern of errors while the second passed without any problems.

What should I do RAM guy? Should I speak with TigerDirect.ca where I bought them? Its been about a week since I made the purchase online.

Archived