Corsair Community

2 GB Mini SD direct from Corsair DOA

prklouda

Hi,

I had a corrupted 2 GB which I returned for a replacement (RMA# R237232) the first week of March. The replacement arrived while I waas out of town on an extended business trip. I inserted the new card into my Nokia E-70 when I returned, and it was corrupt! I tried reformatting the card in my phone, but no luck. I was able to reformat the card inserted into my laptop, but it is now only 1 GB. I reinserted it into my E-70. but I can't install apps on the card. I guess I need another new card???

Thanks,

Paul Klouda

• Corsair Employees

That might suggest your phone will only see a max of one Gig, I would use a Windows system and try to format the card from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Card or Voyager)

Hi RAM Guy,

I did as you instructed with the results below...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>format e: /fs:FAT32 /u

Insert new disk for drive E:

and press ENTER when ready...

The type of the file system is FAT32.

Verifying 965M

Initializing the File Allocation Table (FAT)...

Volume label (11 characters, ENTER for none)?

Format complete.

1,010,589,696 bytes total disk space.

1,010,585,600 bytes available on disk.

4,096 bytes in each allocation unit.

246,725 allocation units available on disk.

32 bits in each FAT entry.

Volume Serial Number is 94B4-1097

C:\>

What do you think?

Paul

corsair.gif.d1f625936b7e9ea5de27b9990af4ed32.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i got given one of your 2 gb min sd cards for my birthday on tues coz i asked for a mini sd card for my nokia n73 phone coz the stingey gits dont provide a memory card.. all the sites i have looked at show that 2gb memory card is compatable with this phone... i inserted the card on the day after my birthday no problems yayyyyyyyyy. and took loads of pictures of my bf and my birthday flowers and presents. I dont get to see him very often as he lives some distance away.Went to work on the next morning and before lunchtime that day so aprox 24 hrs after the card was inserted the phone crashed and said the memory card was corrupt.. i have since bought a card reader to try and rescue my pics that way and have resisted all instructions to format the card because i dont want to lose my pictures... Is there any way at all to rescue these pictures and is the memory card saveable.. i am totally gutted at the loss of the pics b4 i could transfer them to the pc after work as there is no way i can replace them..plz help me i want the memory card working but more than that i want the pics i took saving... is there anyway at all you can help me as everythin i have tried has failed and i have tried everythin i know how 2 do...thanks

:[pouts:

:[pouts: :[pouts: :[pouts:

memory corrupt as hell....

recovered files but they were un recognisable

oh well...

what next...

i didnt buy the card my brother did and i dunno where he got it from without asking him and im reluctant to do that as it was a gift.

If i have to tho i guess i will.

what happens now?

thanks

• Corsair Employees

We can just try and replace the drive, or you can try a different application if you like there are quit a few that you can try.

You can try one of these if you like.

PC Inspector File Recovery

Undelete Plus

SoftPerfect File Recovery

PC Inspector Smart Recovery

These are just a few that I found that are Free ware and might work for you.

Archived