Corsair Community

Cross Ship???

I, like apparently many other people received a twin pack with one stick of bad memory. I would like to receive a matched twin pack but would prefer to be able to still limp by with one stick of memory in my computer until I receive the good replacement set. Please let me know how to go about this.

Using default (jedec) motherboard settings except tried increasing voltage to 2.1 to correct. One ram module runs well (26 passes of remtest 86+) the other fails after about one half hour of running test. Consistent results in various ram slots (for both good module and bad module). Temps by probe near ram heatsinks about 40C. I noticed older pix of ram have some apparent spring clips over both sides of ram heat sinks but current ram does not seem to use them. Could this be the problem?

btw numbers for twinx pack are:TWIN2X2048-6400C4

module numbers: CM2X1024-6400C4, 07050424-0

part? numbers: 005558 (bad) and 002054 (good) bought from Tiger Direct online (already sent in the rebate or I probably would have just returned them). Again is it possible to cross-ship a matched memory twinpack so that I can avoid additional computer downtime?

Thanks in advance,

a Tampa customer

Archived