Corsair Community

HELP:2.3 mega/sec writing speed on a flash voyager

elijabaley

I've already bought the usb stick "Corsair flash voyager 1 GB".

On the reseller site it was declared at 19 megabytes per second in reading and 13 megabytes per second in writing.

The reading speed of the key i've bought is ok (18 MB/s).

The writing speed is 2.3 megabytes/sec: very slow!! :eek: (it takes 24' to copy a 55.2 mega file on the key, and 89' to copy a 204 mega file (it isn't a folder with a lot of files, but a single big archive file)).

I was copyng the files from a partition that i've already defragmented on a new 7200 rpm hard disk, so it can't be a problem of hard disk speed.

I've tried to format the key: no changes

Tried to re-install USB2 drivers: no changes

Tried on another PC equiped with usb2 ports and already defragmented: no change: always 2.3 MB/s

I've tried on a powerful pc(core 2 duo with 2 giga Ram): no change :brick:

What can I do?

Can the key be changed for this flaw?

Thank for your Help

I'm Italian, scuse me for my unperfect English

Its done in Meg Bits not bytes and 2.3 Mega Bytes is equel to about 18 MegBits a sec. and about normal for that size drive. sorry!

Does it means that bigger keys are faster?

It seems strange to me, i've always heard that bigger drives are slower.

And...

How how can it be explained that the reading speed is expressed in megabytes/sec (18MB/sec=144Mb/sec), and the writing speed in megabit /sec(2,3Mb/s)

Explanation:

"b"= bit

"B"= Byte (8 bits)

• Corsair Employees
Its not always the size, but more how the specific part is made IE if they use two ram chips or just one. And we have moved to new technology that allows for higher density memory to be used, but it might make the performance not as good.

Its done in Meg Bits not bytes and 2.3 Mega Bytes is equel to about 18 MegBits a sec. and about normal for that size drive. sorry!

Hey, you're cheat!

It's really 13 MegaBytes for write and 19 MegaBytes for read, not Megabit! I still have the brochure.

Be careful with Corsair Flash Voyager, please read my "bad experience" at:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59071

Archived