Corsair Community

CMX512-3200XL fails memtest 86

y-koli

I've been experiencing random reboots or crashes for a while, and I got some new ram, so I decided to test all my sticks. Using a reliable computer and testing only one stick at a time, memtest86 found one of my CMX512-3200XL sticks has errors during the test 4. I'm assuming it is a failed module. I should get this RMA'd right?

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have an Intel D865PERL MB with a System Bus Speed of 800 MHz and system memory speed of 400MHz. My processor is an Intel Pentium 4 at 3.4 GHz, but in the BIOS it reports it at 2.8GHz, could that be a problem too? No performance settings are set, everything is default. The memory timings are 2-2-2-5. However, memtest86 reports my FSB at 199 MHz with 2 CMX512-32XLs in, is that 2x199= the reported 400MHz?

• Corsair Employees
This MB MB will not let you set the memory voltage and these modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 Volts, I am sorry but with this MB you may not be able to run the tested settings.

• 1 month later...

Hello Ram Guy.

About 3 weeks ago I had an RMA requested and it was approved. I sent off my RAM to the correct address. As of now, about 3 weeks later, I still haven't received anything back. Could you check the status of the RMA? Here is some information:

RMA Number: 1000649

RETURNING ITEM: CMX512-3200XL

QUANTITY: 2

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but we can’t check it for you in Tech Support, please bump this in the morning and I will ask customer service to check it for you or you can call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "0" after 8:00 AM Pacific Time tomorrow!

Archived