Corsair Community

Striker Extreme & Corsair XMS21024-6400 4GB PROBLEMS <--RAM GUY PLS HELP

GiK

I have the same problem with a similar setup

Striker Extreme and 4 sticks of CM2X1024-6400

please help us!! It works perfectly with 2 sticks but not 4

I've tried all the different configurations and even reduced the speed to 500 but it has not worked. I'm using "synched" linked mode and it works but it only shows 2.75GB of ram not 4GB. Please help us

I'm using Vista Home Premium, I'm guessing that's 32 bit? So what should I do? The ram's not stable at this synched mode. Sometimes I can't even go past the starting page or get into Bios.

I am having problems with 4x1 GB Corsair sticks with my new computer. With 2x1 sticks they work perfectly fine, but with 4x1 it is very unstable. It seldom goes past the starting page or even to the BIOS setup page. I've tried switching the sticks around and it's fine as long as there are only 2 sticks on not 4.

Here's my setup:

MotherBoard: Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680i SLI Chipset LGA 775 FSB 1333

CPU: Quad Core Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 @ 2.66GHz 1066 FSB MB L2 Cache EM64T

Ram: Corsair Twinx 4 GB (4x1GB) PC 6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel memory XMS21024-6400 Xtreme Memory w Heat Spreader

Video Card: 2 x nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB 16x PCIO Express eVGA

Soundcard: Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PRo 24-Bit PCI Sound Card

CAS:Cooler Master Stacker

HDD: Extreme Performance Raid 0+1 with 4 Identical Hard Drives 150GB x 4 Gaming Western Digital Rapter 10,000 RPM SATA 150 16MB Cache

HDD2: 1TB (500GBx2) SATA-II 3.0GB/s 16 MB Cache 7200 RPM Hard Drive

Please help, I have tried everything on this forums changed all the time settings and everything. Last I tried using Synched mode unlinked and managed to get it running but windows vista still shows 2.75 GB instead of 4GB and it's running on 511 instead of 800. It's still highly unstable, there are times I can't get past the starting page.

Please tell me certain configurations I could try, if not I'm stuck using my 2GB and wasting the other 2 sticks. Thanx alot RAM GUY!

I've been fiddling with it and trying all the different combinations I've found on the forums, but to no success. I can't even get past the front page or go to BIOS when I have 4 sticks running.

Now I've reverted back to auto for everything and 2.0V for memory with 2 sticks and I am stable. Everything is on auto now... the default settings because I needed to have a computer that's stable for work.

I am willing to try ANY configuration at all just so that I can get 4 sticks working, even if it means running at the normal unclocked speeds or even under clocking it as long as I can get 4 sticks that I paid money for even running stable....

Please give me any configurations to try.

Also I have a 1100W PSU so I'm sure that's more than enough.

Archived