Corsair Community

rare single bit error ValueSelect 2GB-kit DDR-400

hi folks,

within one of my maschines (Asus A8N-VM CSM mainboard, ValueSelect 2GB Kit DDR1-400 VS2GBKIT400C3) one of the two modules shows up a rare single bit error within memtest86+/test8.

BIOS-Settings are default, MemTiming set by SPD, no overclocking!

It is real, it shows up with both modules, and with the module in question alone, the second module doesn't show any errors. Switching the modules the error-adress went as expected.

The module in question shows the error in an other maschine as well, but this is identical (equipped with an 1GB-Kit as the only difference).

The error was found after half a year in use because the maschine crashed sometimes, and the HD was corrupted (loosing the files within the email-junk/spam-folder as the only real damage :D: )

The error shows at a rate of 1/3 !!!

After a night with 18-20 testruns it shows 5-7 errors, but at the same adress within both maschines. Really rare...

What shall I do? :sunglasse

More testing? Suggestions what and how to test?

I think it will not be wise to use this module for other means than testing, at the moment the maschine runs with the 'good' module alone, having only half the mem and only one channel usable :[pouts: .

thanks for reading, sorry for funny english, i am not native :biggrin:

thomas

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived