Corsair Community

Memory RMA screw up!

I requested and received RMA R233513 on 2/27/07. The RMA was to return a bad 512MB module of 3200LLPT memory. The bad module was one of a matched pair of TWINX1024 512MB 3200LLPT modules. In accordance with instructions I found on the Corsair website, I returned both matched modules, even though only one was bad. On the bad module, I applied a piece of clear tape and wrote "bad" with a Sharpie. The package was mailed via Priority Mail on 2/28/07. Tracking records indicate it was received by Corsair on 3/2/07.

On 3/19/07, I received one module of 512 MB 3200C2PRO, with no explanation. As per the warranty, I should have received a matched pair of 512 MB modules to replace those I returned.

I'm looking for advice on the steps to take next. My emails to Corsair have gone unanswered.

I contacted customer service as you suggested and was given a new RMA number R241769 to return the new module I just received. I guess we'll see if they can get it right this time. I'll post back when I receive a new TWINX1024 set of modules. Thanks for responding!

• Corsair Employees

Your original RMA request was for one CMX part and that was what you got,

in the email you get please make sure the part# is listed example if you have a set of Twinx1024-3200C2 it should say 1- Twinx1024-3200C2 but you would send both modules.

• 2 weeks later...
I expected to have a good report by now, but no joy. The single stick was returned and received by Corsair (RMA R241769) on 3/26/07. Ten days later I have no memory and the prospects appear bleak. I'm into the 6th week of attempting to get replacements for my TWINX1024 modules. I guess it's time to give up and buy more. Thanks for your help.

Call customer support and get on their case on a daily basis.

It seems that their standard response is "Item not recieved" even a week or weeks after tracking info says item(s) was delivered. So if you do not call, nothing will ever be sent it seems.

There seems to be major communication issues between their own departments. Receiving does not update when items are recieved. Customer support just gives you the standard responses when you call. If they accually go as far as to tell you something is going to ship, it does not. I am not sure if this is just because of bad communication with the shipping department, or if it just is company policy to tell you things will ship just to keep you happy. It sure seems that way.

It is just so dissapointing to spend $280 on a product (I bought my 2GB 6400c4 back in January when prices where high) plus another $20 in shipping to deliver the product back, only to get this horrible experience.

Well enough of my rant for now.

Good luck and I hope you get an update soon.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry about that, and yes please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 Ext "0" or 510-657-8747 Ext "0". Monday Threw Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time Excluding holidays.

Archived