Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-E SLI plus & Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

Ashesney76

Hi, I search for other silimar problems, but i did't find.

I have a new system with Asus P5N32-E SLI plus, Intel Core 2 duo E6600, Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4, and enermax liberty 660w.

The problem is that the pc don't boot with both memory modules installed.

It works fine with only one module (i tried both in all memory slots), but when i install both the system don't post and do a continuous beep.

I tried to updare mb bios and now is 0501 version, but the problem still happens...

Are there some bios settings that i can try?

Boot with one stick first. Then:

Go into the bios, Go to

First: "AI Tuning -> Select Manual"

Second: "Go to System Voltages, Set Voltage for Memory to 2.1v"

Third: Go to Overclocking, Select Memory Timing Schedule. Set timings to 4-4-4-12 Command Rate 2T and Auto for the rest.

Fourth: Go back a 2 screens to AI Tuning and go to FSB and Memory Config. Select Unlinked. Reboot Computer.

Fifth: Go back to "Ai Tuning -> FSB and Memory Config" and select memory speed of 800.

Sixth: Reboot computer and your memory speed is now 800. Easy as pi.

Boot with 2 sticks now.

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new system:

Same motherboard with E6700 processor. 4GB of the same memory.

When testing 2GB of memory, at a time, with Memtest, both pairs have no errors. When I install all 4 GB, I get lots of Memtest errors about 10% of the way through the testing process.

Any ideas? Maybe the motherboard "B" DIMM slots have a problem?

Thanks

Ken

• 4 months later...
Brand new system:

Same motherboard with E6700 processor. 4GB of the same memory.

When testing 2GB of memory, at a time, with Memtest, both pairs have no errors. When I install all 4 GB, I get lots of Memtest errors about 10% of the way through the testing process.

Any ideas? Maybe the motherboard "B" DIMM slots have a problem?

Thanks

Ken

Same config here... Won`t even boot with 4 gig installed. I`ve set the memory voltage to 2.1 volts, unlinked to fsb, memory speed is set to 800 and the timings are set as mentioned above. PLEASE HELP !!!

Oh and before you ask, I`triyed to set the memory speed to 667, but didn`t get any much success by doing so... Does boot but crashes like hell and I get numerous blue screens....

N.B.: I`m gonna try to update the bios to version 1103... Do you know if this can help fix my issue ?

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and DDR667 and let the BIOS set the timings.

I had already tryied that before I updated the bios to version 1103 and it didn`t work....

But now.....Alleluja ;)

I don`t know if it`s the update or the settings you suggested me or these two things combined all together that managed to work, but nonetheless, it works now. I had to use the jumper to clear the rtc ram in first place thought, because at first, with all 4 modules inserted, it wouldn`t even boot...

Anyways, I didn`t run memtest to know if everything runs fine. I think I`ll just try to run a couple of games to see if the system is stable enough...For now thought, it looks ok !

If anything goes wrong, I`ll let you know !

Thank you very much man !!!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.... I`m a frenchie :)

Archived