Corsair Community

Problem with CMX1024-3200C2 TWIN

jozzeke

Since I upgraded my memory from two unknown 512 KB chips to a couple of CMX1024-3200C2 TWIN chips, I'm getting a lot of CRC errors when unpacking large RAR files. When I try to unpack the files a couple of times, it's alway different parts that give the errors and quickpar found nothing special.

I ran memtest86 and got no errors, but after putting back the old memory, everything worked fine again.

My system is an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ at 2,25 GHz.

Do I have to exchange my memory chips for new ones ?

Thanks for your help,

Kris

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm still struggling.

I've flashed my BIOS and set the DIM voltage to 2.7 ( I had to choose between 2.7 or 2.8 ).

Then I've set the timings to 2-3-3-6 and tested the two modules with memtest86.

I don't get any errors, but the problem of the CRC errors in winrar persists.

When I change back to my old memory, everything works fine.

Can there be a problem if memtest doesn't find anything ?

By the way, my MB is an ABIT KV8PRO socket 754 and according to the memory configurator, the memory should work fine with this MB and almost everything does, except winrar and quickpar.

Thanks for your reply,

Kris

Archived