Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT Failure

Spruceguy

I Bought 2 x CMX512-3200C2PT Memory Modules around 2 years ago.

I trawled this forum and did the testing you guys recommended e.g. Memtest86+ with the timings set to corsairs recommended settings of 2.5,3,3,6 for my AMD Opteron 170 Machine on an Asus A8N-SLI Premium the module fails on memtest and my other module doesnt so was told to post on here to get a id no for a warranty return form is this correct?

yours

Spruceguy

They are used in a pair would i be best to replace them as a set or just the faulty module?

Edit: I have just RMA'ed the Faulty Module as my games are running great (apart from the lack of memory down to 512Mb form a Gig) no issues so far touch wood!

Thanks

Spruce Guy

• 1 month later...

I have already submitted as a single stick and now I wish to resubmit as a pair and I have not been sent an email regarding return of the modules? I did recieve one for the single stick (Faulty one!) but i have deleted it as I was resubmitting the claim for the pair as they are matched pair!

Please help

Spruceguy.

• 1 month later...

i have replied to that email but it seems to go nowhere!! could you change the part no for me? i grant full permission to do so!!

i am in the UK and the numbers supplied are not recognised what is the number to contact them from UK?

Please let me know if not and i will get it rectified ASAP as the machine is my main bread and butter and as long it is down i have no income!!

thanks

spruceguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “0” or send them an email (rma@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

I will send them a message and ask them to call you but I would suggest calling them.

Archived