Corsair Community

Vs1gsds667d2 Vs Sony Vaio Sz-38tp

knxentarxx

I just bought 2 X 1GB Corsair 5300 667 DDR2 memory stick yesterday and plugged it into the SZ-38TP. Well the notebook turns on but it crashes in windows, hence I put back the 1 X 4200 533 DDR2 back in and pulled out the 2 X 1GB and it worked smoothly.

I tried pulling 1 of the 1GB out and just running one of them, but it still crashed after a while. I tested bought ram like this and still got the problem.

I dunno, i think its a compatability problem with SZ-38 and this ram, or maybe sony haven't made a good BIOS for SZ-38 to be compatible with the corsair ram yet.

Memory configuration, how do I do this? In BIOS? Apparently all sony SZ only clock 667 memory cards at 533, got some kindda limitation.

When I use both, it clocks frequency in CPUZ at 266MHZ, which is standard.

Is the SZ-38TP model the SZ-381P?

Oops, the original 1G in my notebook was a 667 one, so hence I think it supports it, I changed them both because I thought both of same brand and type would be better. and I gave my brother the other 1G made by Edora or something, some taiwanese ram, forgot the proper spelling and not at home to look.

Archived