Corsair Community

2nd HX620 DOA

dckiper

I purchased a new HX620 when I built my current system in late December. At that time I took part in the Corsair 6400 to 8500 memory swap. My first HX620 had a black resistor fall out of the enclosure when I opened up the plastic bag the supply is packed in. At that time George Makris helped me with the rma and the memory so I could ship them together. I have not had the time till last weekend to reinstall the new powersupply. When I did I pulled the motherboard out of the case and installed 1 stick of memory, cpu, and graphics card. The powersupply would only light up 1 led on my evga 680i. When I hooked up my current OCZ powersupply everything worked fine. I would like to RMA this, but I don't feel it is really fair for me to have to pay shipping a second time for a product I have never even been able to use. Is there anything Corsair can do to help me fix my issues.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
I purchased a new HX620 when I built my current system in late December. At that time I took part in the Corsair 6400 to 8500 memory swap. My first HX620 had a black resistor fall out of the enclosure when I opened up the plastic bag the supply is packed in. At that time George Makris helped me with the rma and the memory so I could ship them together. I have not had the time till last weekend to reinstall the new powersupply. When I did I pulled the motherboard out of the case and installed 1 stick of memory, cpu, and graphics card. The powersupply would only light up 1 led on my evga 680i. When I hooked up my current ******** powersupply everything worked fine. I would like to RMA this, but I don't feel it is really fair for me to have to pay shipping a second time for a product I have never even been able to use. Is there anything Corsair can do to help me fix my issues.

Thanks.

It's very odd that you'd get two power supplies that were bad. Is there another system you could test the PSU on?

I understand that you're frustrated with this, but let me see what I can do.

Feel free to email your contact info and a description of the issue to George Makris again, if you still have his email address. Otherwise email me at powerguy@corsairmemory.com and I'll take a look at it.

We can get it all taken care of through RMA, maybe even do a cross-ship.

I pulled out my old athlon 64 AGP board and everything worked fine. THe board booted and all of the fans spun up. I didn't change anything that I can think of. The only thing I can see would be the lack of pci express and using the older p4 connector instead. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them.

Archived