Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400 problem

BL-kun

Ok I'm not sure about this type of memtest that I have. It's by a company called HCI Design. It works without the use of a floppy. Anyway it has been giving me a tremendous amount of errors when I test this ram. I tried it with the value ram I got from corsair a long time ago and the memtest detected nothing. This is really very frustrating because this is really good ram in the speed area.....but I guess it's a bad idea to use it if it's not stable. Also one thing I should mention when I have all my devices hooked up at once the system does not boot. This only happened when I installed the TWIN2X2048-6400. I'm wondering if this ram is incompatible with Abit NI8-SLI nfroce4 series (Even tho your ram guide says it is) or if I just got a bad pair.....again (I RMA'd once already). Anyone with any ideas of what I can do would be welcomed I would really like to use this ram.

• Corsair Employees
First thing you need to use http://www.memtest.org and I would suggest you make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Alright I tested both on 5-5-5-15 at 1.9v and each worked with no errors individually....... I tried everything possible with them both together and I got an exhaustive amount of errors..........what exactly does this mean?

• Corsair Employees
That would suggest some other problem, can you tell me the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

everything is at it's default right now for the Bios. It's been flashed to the most recent version available at this time. As I said before I'm running at 5-5-5-15 at 1.9v CPU is at it's default voltage. It's a Intel Pentium 4 650 Prescott 3.4GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor FSB = 800MHz. The processor has not been overclocked at all.

Alright it runs on 800Mhz with one chip in but are you saying I can't run them both at 800mhz? Or should I not be able to run it at 800Mhz at all. If I can't run the pair is there anyway I can readjust the speed to where they will be stable?

Archived