Corsair Community

Bad stick

CobaltPaP

I have run memtest on all four of my sticks (XMS TWINX1024-3200XLPT 2 2 2 5) and one is bad. I doubled checked each and get the error on the same stick. They came in matched sets and I numbered them so I know which 2 go together.

Thanks Brett

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

All done, and I still get errors on the same single stick. I'd like to send both sticks from the set and get a new match set?

Thanks for your help,

Brett A. Landry

• Corsair Employees
Please talk to our customer service as they will try to repair your module first and then send them back, if they cant they will offer you replacements, and I am sorry but no there are no Cas 2-2-2-5 modules available.

Please talk to our customer service as they will try to repair your module first and then send them back, if they cant they will offer you replacements, and I am sorry but no there are no Cas 2-2-2-5 modules available.
Thanks, But I'm getting my money back and getting some Ø€Ž 2 3 2 5. If Corsair still made memory this fast i'd get it in a second.

Thanks again, Brett A. Landry

P.S. I guess Ø€Ž is a bad word LOL It's pretty sad that you block out the competitions name ROFLMFAO!!!

• Corsair Employees

That was done for other reasons, many of our competitors previously did not have forum support and other users were trying to get help with other makers memory, and there is no reason to talk about other memory on this forum.

I wish you good luck!

Archived