Corsair Community

Help Squeezing some more Speed from my Ram

Dm3k1

I recently built my computer and have just a few days ago starting my OC process to try to squeeze out as much speed out of it as I possibly can.

I've searched the forum for stuff regarding the Twin2x-6400c4 ram and the reported speeds and everyone with the exception of one gentleman that I read has reported speeds of the ram reading at least ddr900 on 2.1 V, many nearing or above 1000! I would not say that I am disappointed with my results but I cannot seem to keep it stable past around 880 (885 restarted running prime95 after 30 minutes).

My Set-up is as follows (15 Hour Prime95 x 2, One Blend (for ram), one Large FTT's (CPU stress):

CPU: e6300 stock cooling running linked 3:2 at 2.31ghz 1.35V (333FSB)

RAM: XMS TwinX2-6400c4 running " " at 440x2 2.1 V 4-4-4-12-2t

MOBO: Asus P5n-E SLI

PSU: Antec 500W

I dont think it is the cpu, since I can run it unlinked as much higher speeds without windows hanging. I dont really want to increase my voltage (warranty aside) on my ram just because I am worried that I might burn it. I've tryed loosening the timings to 5-5-5-15-2t and I hung still. Should I try the northbridge voltage?

I'm hoping to get more speed out of this guy, and I'm hoping I just didnt get the bad sticks from the waffer. :)

Thanks for your help!

Danny

Archived