Corsair Community

Bootable 4gb flash

grozni

A useful read if read carefully:

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6346-5928902.html

This may only be useful with motherboards that can support booting from a USB thumb drive (Boot order priority in the BIOS). In addition, there's one other file that needs to be on the drive to boot a non-Intel system, at least if I remember right. I believe it's called OSLOADER.EXE.

The problem is my flash is 4GB uses Fat32, limit for flash to be bootable is 2gb because of file sistem which is Fat16, I realized that after carefully readed text. So either I limit my drive in case I format it with Fat16 file system, but in that case why I bought 4gb flash drive, right? Or I can use it for storage then I have full 4gb. Thanks for the link. Too bad I founded not fully working in my case

• Corsair Employees

Please call our Tech support and we can help you 800-205-7657.

I had no problem making a 8 Gig FV boot able with Win98 start up disk on a M2N32-SLI MB.

Just make sure the Bios sees the FV as a HDD and then Boot to the floppy and format the drive with the /S command!

Please call our Tech support and we can help you 800-205-7657.

I had no problem making a 8 Gig FV boot able with Win98 start up disk on a M2N32-SLI MB.

Just make sure the Bios sees the FV as a HDD and then Boot to the floppy and format the drive with the /S command!

Hi,

can you please be more specific? I can call you, but I'm not from US, my English is not so good when I talk, I know how to write, but talking can be problem:D:

• Corsair Employees

I am not sure what you want to know, and its straight forward there are no tricks just go to your Bios and select the USB Flash Voyager as the Bootable HDD then Boot with the Floppy and format the drive with the normal command.

Why don't you tell me what you want to do and I can give you more specific Directions as well as your system configuration and the O.S. you want to use.

I am not sure what you want to know, and its straight forward there are no tricks just go to your Bios and select the USB Flash Voyager as the Bootable HDD then Boot with the Floppy and format the drive with the normal command.

Why don't you tell me what you want to do and I can give you more specific Directions as well as your system configuration and the O.S. you want to use.

Managed to get it boot, just dos command has /s option, command prompt from win xp doesn't support /s. Next I want to do is booting winxp installation from flash. I will try, if I stuck I will ask for help. Thanks

Archived