Corsair Community

Corsair COOL CWC100 Water Cooling Kit

Diamond

Hi everyone. This is my first time building a machine with water cooling and I must say Its been a nerve racking experience. When u spent 1300 dollors on a machine u want to know that everything is running ok. Anyway my question is The kit i bought is great but the stock fan for the radiator i think is defective. I have tried everything 10 times over to resolve it but to no avail. I can not find any information whatsoever to let me know more stats on this fan except that its a 120mm fan. I wish i could find out more about what the CFN and RPM ratings are on it. Insted of tearing my system apart and RMA the kit back to retailer just for a working fan i was wondering if i can mod the radiator with a 120mm case fan i bought as well.

Here are the stats of the case fan:

Fan Type Case Fan

Fan Speed 1300 RPM

Air Flow 53.5 CFM

Bearing Type Sleeve (features a double ball bearing design)

Voltage 12 V

Current 0.20 A

Connector(s) 4-Pin Motheroard

Fan Dimensions 120 x 120 x 25 mm

Fan also has 9 blades on it and i can use the same shroud that came with the kit.

If this fan is not adequete enough for the kit to perform its best can someone suggest a fan I should use please????

Thank for the help all :)

The stock Corsair Cool fan runs at about 1700 or 2000 rpm and pushes about 65 cfm and is a 38mm thick fan. The replacement you have would be a little under powered. The thicker (38mm as opposed to 25mm) will be able to fight the air flow restriction through the radiator better that the thinner fan.

very nice setup :) looks like you modified the case as well to accomodate a better routing through the back of the case apposed to running them through one of the slots for pci cards. Acually after i wrote this post i went ahead and tried the other fan. OUCH!!! i burned my finger to see how hot the northbridge got and booted it long enough to see the temps in bios. Another ouch was running @ 44C and rising so i immediately shut it down. I will definitly look into dual radiators looks like a nice COOL TOUCH!! as for just the CPU yes but will save some more money for more blocks would like to eventually do CPU,GPU,NB AND SB.

I didn't like the amount of bend in the lines in and out of the radiator required with the PCI bracket so I rerouted them straighter through the case. Nothing a dremel tool and a couple of rubber gromets couldn't remedy. I will be getting rid of the original bay res and replacing it with a Swiftech MCRES-Micro res that I will mount at the back of the case above the rear case fan ( I have already replaced the original res with another of the same type as the first one started to crack at the fitting area and leak after about a year of use. Hence the paper towel under the res between it and my nice Plextor DVD burner! Paranoid of it happening again).

i found out the pump seems to only work once in awhile as well as the rad fan being defective. Too much time involved in a RMA so im taking the loss. I put the stock heat sink fan in for now and will save money for a much better water cooling system. Thie system i spoke of got tons of awsome reviews for a long time. I guess i was the lucky one that all the good ran out when it got to me lol lol. Trial and error i guess. Keep in touch though so we can swap modding secrets lol lol. Thanks for all your help. :)

The early batches of the Liang DDC pump had start up issues. They corrected it in later batches of the pump. Instead of scrapping the whole kit, why don't you just go buy the Liang DDC pump. If you have the COOL kit, you can RMA just the fan and pump so that when you receive the replacements you will have spares. I have never had a problem with my pump. Also newer revs of the pump come with an rpm monitoring pigtail wire so you can plug it into a fan header on your mb and monitor the pumps speed. I would also suggest that you plug the pump into a dedicated 4 pin molex on your power supply. The pump will draw quite a bit of juice when it first starts. It could be the pump is not getting enough juice from your power supply when you first start the system.

Archived