Corsair Community

P5N32-E SLI PLUS and 4GB Help

Ingonuts13

Im having the same prob hopefully someone has an answer im about ready to throw this 590 chipset board out the window and get a 680i board ,but Ive heard that people have been able to get 4 gbs to run sucessfully.Iam trying to get 4sticks of 6400 lot # 6405.5 to get past the windows boot and it aint happenineven though the mobo recognizes it.

• Corsair Employees
Sorry for the delay, if you use four modules with this MB for example Twin2x2048-6400C4D you will need to set the memory frequency at DDR667 and I would set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts as well. But you should be fine. But you have to be using a 64-Bit O.S. in order to see the full four Gig.

I can only get my 4 gig of ram to run stable at 667. Being that vista 32 is a memory hog. Do I use all 4 gig at 667 or do I use only 2 gig at 800? Which will give me the best performance?

I have also considered 2 gig at 800 and add a 2 gig ready boost flash key to make up the difference.

I have the P5N32-E SLI board (level below the plus) - does the information you posted apply to this board as well? I have 2 gig of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 running fine (with all the memory timings set) but when I put in another 2 gig of the same RAM the PC refuses to boot. (running XP Pro 64 bit.)

• 1 month later...

Archived