Corsair Community

3rd RMA

rosco

Dear all, I am a collage student and again my 4gb flash voyager has gone out. When ever it is plugged into to any windows computer it says that the device has malfunctioned. Once again this has happened 3 times now. I use this device multiple times a day for school documents and portable applications. Should I just give up using this product? it seems odd that this same problem has happened three times and with the last two flash voyager's it has been within the first month of having the product. Do you all have a more reliable product?

My RMA number for the multiple replacements are R222258 and R205764 please tell me what I can do.

-Ross

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format the drive from a command prompt with this syntax:

Format (X:) /FS:FAT32 /U (X=the drive letter assigned to the Flash Voyager)

If you cannot get it to work please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or send them an email and ask them to help you.

Next thing, when you remove the drive are you stopping the service for the USB rive?

I do stop the drive via the windows device manager when ever i am able to. Some of the labs computers do not allow a usb device to be stopped with out admin rights so in this case i just make sure all the of the applications have been shut down, or I log off of the computer and then remove the usb stick (making sure that there is no reading or writing going on on the drive). Currently the LED on the flash voyager is not even lighting when inserted into a usb drive, so how could i reformat the drive if it isn't being mounted?

-Rosco

• Corsair Employees
I think you need to have Admin rights to use a command prompt in most systems. You might talk to the Administrator there and see if there is something he can do to adjust your permissions.

Archived