Corsair Community

Twin Xpert 3200 CL2 2BG (2X 1GB Modules)

Hi,

I am now on my 3rd replacement twin set module pack of Xpert 3200 CL2, both previous sets ive had have failed within 2weeks of installing them into my new system, all parts in my system are compatible with the memory and cannot understand why this problem persists, i have backup memory, also Corsair-Twin XL Pro -2x 512bg Modules and have had not one problem with them the 2years i had them. I purchased the Xpert 3200 CL2 as an upgrade and have nothing but trouble since.

Now AGAIN after recieving the 3rd set of replacements the same problem has occured, am i being supplied faulty RAM, its it a faulty batch my vendor has?

I am now having trouble returning the RAM to my vendor as they feel they cannot help me any further and have asked i come to you guys

Can you help!

Obviously im not at all delighted with the RAM and feel that the support im currently recieving poor

• Corsair Employee

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of the modules? (How To Read the Memory Label)

And the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hi

Here is the info you requested , hope it helps

Modules P/N - CMXP1024-3200C2

XMS Number - XMS3202v2.1

Lot Number - 0604104-1

Serial Numbers - 100328462 and 100328461

Motherboard - Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe , Bios Rev 1303

CPU - AMD 64 x2 Dual Core 4400+

CPU Speed - 2.20

FSB - 800.00

Bios CPU - 2200Mhz

Current FSB - 11x

Max FSB - 11x

Bios Memory Settings - CLK 200Mhz

CAS/LAT 3.0

RAS/CAS Delay (trcd) 3

Min Active RAS (tras) 8

ROW Precharge (trp) 3

RAS/RAS Delay (trrd) 2

ROW Cycle (trc) 11

ROW Refresh Cycle (trfc) 14

Read Write Delay (trwt) 4

Read Preamble 5.5ns

Asynchronous 7ns

I have no performance settings enabled at all , everything is default

Currently 1 Memory Module is DEAD and am awaiting the DEATH of the other , like the past twin sets i had have also done.

Please help me!!

Thanks for your patience

Archived