Corsair Community

Need help..K8N Neo4 Platinum - CMX1024-3200C2PT

Capthowdy

I do not know much about computers so please excuse me if I say things wrong. I have a K8N Neo4 Platinum with CMX1024-3200C2PT memory. I originally had the memory replaced through Newegg because one stick kept testing bad with memtest. Well now my computer wouldn't boot at all. I tried taking a stick out at a time and still nothing. Someone gave me a Kingston KVR400x64 C3A/512 to put in there in the meantime and the system boots and works fine. Could I have 2 bad sticks of memory or am I having a compatibility issue with my MB. I don't know how to test them because the computer won't boot with either of them in there. Any help would be appreciated.

First Clear the Cmos, and test each module one at a time. If you previously had 512MBs in the system prior to installing the 1GB and not clear the Cmos, it may have issues. The 512MBs might be x32s and the 1GBs are x64MB. If you are able to post (which I assume you should be able to because I had the same exact RAM and motherboard previously) go into the bios and adjust the DDR Voltage to 2.75v.

The 1GB sticks were the first memory ever in it. Also how can I change things if the computer will not boot up with either one of the sticks or both in it? Should I change settings with the 512 stick I have in now and then try and reboot with the 1GB sticks? Sorry like I said I'm new to this and learning as I go. But I do really appreciate your help.

• Corsair Employee
Please call our Tech Support at 800-205-7657 and we can try and help you, but that would suggest some other problem, as all of our modules are tested on a MB at their rated speed it would be hard to get two dead modules from us.

Archived