Corsair Community

1GB Flash Voyager Trouble

ProbleFlash

I bought a 1GB Flash Voyager from newegg.com about 1 or 1 1/2 years ago, and has suddenly stopped working. When I try to access it, it simply says the disk is not formatted. If I try to format it, it says it that the disk is write protected. What should I do?

The same sh.. happened to my pendrive. it went to pen heaven without saying goodbye.... well, not exactly, but exactly like you describe.

the smartass that I truly am, I opened the thing for god knows what reason and of course.......... I wouldnt dream of trying to get a new one by returning the junk as is.:brick:

just buy a new pen. the cost is so low that anyone can afford to.

I bought me another one . this time a 2 GB pen. its ok, but truecrypt (bundle)is way overkill for my use and it seems that corsair flash utility (from the old pen doesn't work on the new pen. :beenrippe

I would prefer corsair flash utility before some hightech truecrypt-sw that I would never bother to learn how to use.:wtfeh:

I have the same Drive but the 4 GB version. Having pretty much the same problems I bougth it on 1-7-07 I was running a 1.5GB Encrypted portion of the drive and using the other section as a standard drive. Now the drive will open 1/2 the time with SCRABLE "Chineese" the other half will say needs to be formated. If i format it it runs fine about 3 times then does the exact same thing? Is this a usual problem? Or just a few instances. As I had some important data on this drive and LOST it all. Because I wasn't smart enough to back up. I've learned my lesson. The drive did work GREAT until of course it messed up. Let me know what todo.

• Corsair Employees
We can try replacing the drive, but if that continues to happen I would look for some other cause. Like for example if you have many USB devices its possible that the USB port cannot provide enough power and that might cause something like this, try it with an externally powered USB Hub.

Archived