Corsair Community

620hx..no-post continuous power recycle

seamaster

:(: 620hx

gigabyte 965p dq6

2gb ddrII6400

e6600

System worked fine for about a day and a half, then system rebooted with last known hardware config error...system would not react...hard booted to a continuous power cylce that would not post. I removed the MB and all components even RAM( I know it will not post without ram..) same results.. would start to beep then recylce power again and again until I killed the power...

Thoughts???? PSU????? BTW, it is brand spanking new!

Thx... I am rma'ing the board and just wanted to make sure that it was not indicative of a psu problem as well. I pulled the memory out and tested and regardless of the beeping (result of no ram) it still did the same pwr recycle endlessly.

Thks-hopefully the board was the only issue and not PSU.

Maybe its too late now...but I had the exact same problem. Drove me nuts for about 4 hours straight. Turned out that I needed to reset the CMOS using the jumper.

I had attempted to boot up for the first time with the pci-e power cable disconnected from my 8800GTS. I re-connected the cable, then had the same constant restarting problem. I went through everything suggested here (disconnected all non-essential components, checked all cables 10x, used a different outlet, checked RAM, re-seated CPU, removed mobo from case to check for shorts, powered up my Dell with the HX620...and it worked so I knew the PSU was not the issue) finally I remembered from my old overclocking days (celeron 300A) that sometimes after a failed boot clearing the CMOS was required. I figured I had nothing to loose at that point, and gave it a shot. System booted up on first try after clearing the CMOS. If it helps this was with a Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3.

Archived