Corsair Community

Possiblely bad ram?

I have 2 sticks (twinx) of the cmx1024-3200pt. they seem to have been running with no problems what so ever until I started trying to play EVE online. as it turns out EVE is very crash prone on memory that's not 100%. I thought mine was though. so I ran prime95 on both sticks separately with both of them coming to the same result. both had a fatal error and wouldn't proceed past the first test of "Test 1, 4000 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of.... using 1024K FFT length"

I then took the memory out and replaced it when some of my Corsair value select mem out of another machine of mine and the program made it through several tests.

Also the memory isn't overclocked or anything. they are running on the auto setting of my Asus A8n-sli Deluxe

So, my question to you Ram Guy is: Do you think my Ram is bad?

• Corsair Employees
Your PSU may not be enough for that Video Card, and I would load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have (Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3"), and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• Corsair Employees
The settings for XMS3200 would be Cas 3-3-3-8 at 2.75 Volts and with that MB you may have to disable legacy USB and load setup defaults before you start when you change modules like that before you make the changes.

I'm not entirely familiar with memory timings in short form like that.

my options are as follows

CAS# latency(tcl) 3

Min RAS# active time (Tras) 8t

RAS# to CAS# delay(trcd) 3t

Row precharge Time (trp) 3t

Row cycle time trc 11t

Row Refresh cyc time (trfc) 14t

Read-to-Write time (trwt) 5t

Write recovery time (twr) 3t

1T/2T Memory timing 2t

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Please set the voltage to 2.75 Volts and these are the only settings you need to change after you load setup defaults:

Memory Voltage: 2.75 Volts

CAS# latency(tcl) 3

Min RAS# active time (Tras) 8t

RAS# to CAS# delay(trcd) 3t

Row precharge Time (trp) 3t

Legacy USB support: Disabled

Ouch 7 errors in test 7 of just one of the modules

failing address

0001d7d441c- 471.2mb

00033cdffac- 828.9mb

0001f0d1cdc- 496.0mb

0003e031b1c- 992.0mb

00010c5e85c- 268.8mb

0002a93051c- 681.0mb

0003d7ba55c- 983.6mb

The other module got 5 errors on test 7 as well

What's your verdict Ram Guy?

• Corsair Employees
The memory controller seems to be selective in this MB sometimes, I had a an issue with them in A1 and B1 with a set of our XL modules and had to run them in A2 and B2 with a FX57 CPU but with a FX-55 it was backwards.

Archived