Corsair Community

Abit IC7-G w/ mixed CMX512-3200

k.c.walker

Thanks for the info.

I'm a semi-dummy, why would DDR333 be required when all RAM is designed for DDR400?

On a semi related note, I tested two different sticks of the C2PRO (one stick at a time in slot 1)

This mobo/RAM config doesn't work -- I just get a loooooong beep (~4 sec) and system never boots (no BIOS).

CAS is manually set to 2-3-3-6 (also fails when set by SPD).

System boots fine w/ these configs

a) 1x CMX512-3200C2PT (Slot 1)

b) 2x CMX256a-3200C2PT (Slots 1 & 3)

c) 2x CMX256a-3200C2PT (Slots 1 & 3) + 1x CMX512-3200C2PT (Slot 2)

Where should I start? BIOS? mobo? memory? other?

It seemed so simple when I started. LOL

Thanks!

I would try the modules one at a time and you may have to reset the bios when you change modules

Questions -

1) When you say reset the BIOS, I assume you mean clear the CMOS settings w/ the jumper? (eg NOT flash the BIOS)

2) Any tips on how to save the current CMOS (BIOS) settings for future reference? (there's A LOT Of them these days!)

I'll try this if I know how to get back to current CMOS/BIOS settings if things don't work. Thanks.

-Ken

Yes reset the bios with the CLRTC jumper, and the settings are posted but if you make other changes its best to write them down.

Learned a new trick - took digi-pics of all my BIOS screens before resetting the CMOS. :^)

After resetting, I tested each stick seperately (CMX512-3200C2PRO/Slot 1).

Interesting results....

One stick works fine, the other emits the same extended beeeeeep (~4 sec), and never gets to the BIOS/POST screen. There's no error message. I get the same symptons when the second stick is in Slot3.

Settings / Sys info:

DDR400

CAS: 2-3-3-6

Voltage: 2.65 (default)

Note - Intel i875P 2.4 HT processor

Also, modules have same version & lot #.

Another forum suggested increasing the DDR voltage.

I'm a dummy - would that help? if so, why?

Thanks.

Let's get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form.

I did. Thanks for the advice.

100% compatible, but may need to run at 333MHZ DDR frequency if you experience stability issues.

Is this because there are 4x modules, or because there's two different sets?

Also, how would I sense "stability issues"? BSoD?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
As you add more memory there is more loading on the memory controller and many MB's and or chipsets will need to down clock the memory so all the memory can be addressed properly, that is normal with any un-buffered chipset.

Archived