Corsair Community

I think the thing I have doesn't work.

I use a Gigabyte GA-7VAX and I bought a XMS3200 1024 mb stick... And when I use it, at first I'd get all kinds of errors, followed by system shut-down. After that, Windows just loads eternally and now I can't get it to boot up completely at all.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Alright I figured out how to do that, did it, put the stick in, and it worked for a few minutes... THen my pc started crashing with it in, over and over again. And when it WAS working, I noticed no difference, it ran at the same speed it did with just the 256 I already have.

Well other than this situation, my computer is right as rain... However, some of its components ARE very old... My Gigabyte specifically. But apparently its one of the only motherboards that will fit in my current get up... :(:

If you don't mind, if you have some general ideas as to what could be truly wrong here, I would greatly appreciate that.

I will, however, follow your advice on this matter.

Archived